Cycle Hayling has moved. No, not off Hayling! Just from cyclehayling.org.uk to cyclehayling.org. So please update any bookmarks and address books. It’s a side-effect of upgrading our website and email to the latest technology (thank you Andy), but we like it being shorter too! The old address auto-forwards – but only for a while.
If you read our column in the Hayling Herald, (and if you don’t, we put them here on our website!), you’ll know we suggest some Christmas present ideas in the December edition.
So please tell us anything we should suggest for cyclists this year, whether it’s a stocking filler, or a life-changing new bike, or anything else. What would you like to get? It’s easy – just reply to this email, or contact us through the website.
Here’s what Cycle Hayling has been up to this year :
- We completely refreshed our free Cycle Map of Hayling, now including Walking, more cycling and walking routes, the Round the Harbour Ride, cycle-friendly streets, our wish lists, and much, much more, all in a new pocket-friendly format. Thanks to our sponsors and advertisers for making it possible.
- We got 3 new cycle paths on Hayling – that’s good – but we’ve criticised the disappointing surface quality, and the snail-like rate of progress. We need more.
- Through ‘Hayling Helps Ukraine’ and ‘Bikes for Ukraine’, we’ve helped fix up donated bikes for our Ukrainian visitors. Join us at their fund-raising quiz this Friday evening at the Golf Club.
- We supported the Hayling Cycle Safari, which encourages cyclists to explore the island and win rewards.
- We gave trial e-bike and e-cargo bike rides at Havant Eco-Fair.
- We pushed Havant and Hampshire Councils on their future Local Transport Plan, and on their Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plans for Havant and Hayling.
- Every 3rd Wednesday morning, we’re at the Community Centre for a Cycle Hayling Starter and Wheelchair Ride (check our Facebook page).
- We’re supporting Hayling’s Cycling Without Age and the new GoTo Good Neighbours Scheme to bring the fresh air cycling experience to those who can’t cycle, using electric tri-shaw bikes.
And we now have 443 signed up supporters! Can you forward this email to your friends and ask them to sign up to get us up to 500?.
Thank you for your support,
Wilf and the Cycle Hayling committee at cyclehayling.org