In this update…
- Progress with sign boards
- Latest on the survey project
- Other ways you can help
- Teaching a child how to cycle
Progress with sign boards
We’ve produced a final draft of the new sign boards that will replace the existing faded ones. We’ve also made progress towards placing new sign boards on the island. We’ll be using the money awarded to us by the “approved by you” fund.
Latest on the survey project
Sue Underwood has published an update here that sets out plans for the survey project and presents the data collected by previous surveys. If you can spend a couple of hours on Sunday 17th May or Monday 18th May, she’s looking for people to help by counting cycle traffic passing the south end of the bridge.
More information and contact details here.
Other ways you can help
We’re also looking for help with the following:
- Exploring possibilities to improve the footpath from the Billy Trail to Denhill Close
- Clearing paths of encroaching greenery
- Conducting ‘Dr Bike’ sessions: either conducting a set of checks or correcting simple problems
- Reviewing possibilities for exploiting European funds that have been identified for us; initially the task is to identify the most promising funds and their funding criteria
Let me know if you can help with any of the above, or if you’d like to find out more.
Teaching a child how to cycle
We’ve published a helpful, inspirational video that shows a four-year-old learning how to cycle under the guidance of a CTC trainer. You can see the video here. We hope you find it useful.
Chair, Cycle Hayling