Please join the Cycle Hayling committee next Tuesday (30-August-16) for a leisurely ride to celebrate cycling on Hayling, and explore some recent and possible future cycle routes.
We’ve seen a lot of progress, especially in Havant and Emsworth, but there’s plenty more to do on Hayling, and we hope to get some funding soon from the Community Infrastructure Levy on the Bellway Development at Goldring Close/Beech Grove.
- Please feel free to join and leave us at any point. We’ll be easy to spot – we’ll be carrying ‘Cycle Hayling’ signs.
- 16:00 Meet at the Yew Tree Inn for a chat (and optional drink!).
- 16:30 Depart Yew Tree Inn to ride around the Northney rural ride loop, stopping for pictures at our Cycle Hayling signboard at the bridge.
- 17:20 Depart Mill Rythe School for Olive Leaf pub, via Cinder track and Tournerbury Lane.
- 17:45 Depart Olive Leaf for Sandy Point, via our Cycle Hayling signboards. Or you can wait for us at the Olive Leaf!
- 18:30 Return to Olive Leaf for an optional celebratory drink!
- 19:00 Depart Olive Leaf (second time) to ride along front to Ferry Boat Inn, again via our signboards.
- 19:20 Arrive Ferry Boat Inn for another optional celebratory drink to toast the new ferry!
- 20:00 Disperse for home, with an optional ride down the Billy Trail for anyone that wants.
It’s open to anyone who is safe to ride on roads and paths, and any type of bike as long as it’s roadworthy. You don’t need to be fast!
- Free! No need to book.
- The timings are approximate and weather dependent.
- Approximate distance if you ride it all is 12 miles (excluding your mileage to & from the start & finish).
- Be prepared to walk your bike at some points.
- Bring lights if you come to the Ferry Boat – sunset about 19:45, so getting dark by 20:00.
- Helmets recommended, especially for children.
- Children under 14 should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Riders take responsibility for themselves – Cycle Hayling is only showing you the route and cannot accept any liability.
Please do come along and show your support for making Hayling more cycle-friendly! More details on our website at https://cyclehayling.org/2016-08-30-leisurely-ride/. If you have any further questions, email us at email@example.com.
Yours in cycling, Andy Henderson, Sue Underwood, Robert Sebley, Dave Mowatt, Wilf & Joy Forrow.
2 Replies to “Join Cycle Hayling next Tuesday for a leisurely ride to celebrate cycling on Hayling”
I have hospital appointment @ Q.A same day.. Hope to be out and about in time to make it there for the start..
We like Hayling as a place for cycling esp. now the Hayling Ferry is running again
Comments are closed.