Come to our Open Meeting on ‘The future of cycling on Hayling’.
We’re very fortunate to have as our guest speaker, Stuart Wood, from Havant Borough Council.
- Can we make smooth, weather-proofed surfaces the standard across all Hayling cycle paths?
- Can we protect the Billy Trail from the sea, and get a decent cycling surface along it?
- How do we progress Haylink, our badly needed traffic-free, all-weather cycle route to link Mengham centre to the bridge?
- How do we encourage more cycling – to school, to work, for healthy exercise, and for fun?
- And how will Hayling feature in Havant’s LCWIP (Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan)?
It will be a friendly, fun, meeting of like-minded people. Please come and support us, for the future of cycling on Hayling. We’ll be meeting in the Bowls club room at the Hayling Island Community Centre.
- Welcome, outline of our aims, and brief introduction to committee.
- Speaker: Stuart Wood from Havant Borough Council on cycling on Hayling and the LCWIP (Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan)
- Open discussion on routes
- Discussion on how to get people cycling
- Other projects – working with schools, health service, other ideas
- What else do supporters want e.g. more regular meetings, more rides?
After the meeting we will continue our discussions over tea, coffee and biscuits. We aim to finish the meeting by 9pm at the latest so that we can be out of the room by 9.30pm.