It’s Cycling UK’s Bike Week, so this Saturday morning’s the perfect time for a Cycle Hayling ride round the island to celebrate easing of lockdown!
- Meet at 10:00 at the Hayling Community Centre.
- Then we’ll check out the 3 cycle projects the council is implementing this summer – at long last – at Hayling Park, Salterns Lane and St Mary’s Church.
- Then we’ll ride from Mill Rythe roundabout to Yew Tree Rd. Some of us will make a point by braving the main road, but there are two footpath options if you prefer – we’ll wait for you at the Yew Tree. And we’ll explain why it’s so important to make that a proper, safe cycle path.
- Then we’ll ride the Northney Loop to the bridge, and back up the Billy Trail .
- We’ll aim to finish about 12:00 at the Community Centre, with an optional chat about what we can do to improve cycling on Hayling, and listen to YOUR views.
It’s open to anyone. It will be around 10 miles, at gentle speeds – and we won’t leave anyone behind.
- You ride at your own risk.
- Anyone under 16 must bring a responsible adult.
- Please respect social distancing.
- You can turn back at any time – but please tell one of us so we’re not looking for you.
- We think helmets are a good idea, but it’s your choice.
- Unfortunately, it’s Hayling, so be prepared for some rough surfaces.
More information and relevant articles at:
- The council’s improvement plan
- Haylink: our campaign for a North-South Hayling Cycle Link
- Our ‘Smooth the path’ campaign
We’re really looking forward to meeting you!
Wilf, Joy, Robert, Andy, Heather, Dave, David, Roger and Lesley.
(The Cycle Hayling committee)